Friday, January 10, 2014

Stuff...'n Stuff

Once again, I've started really slacking at this blogging thing so rather than try to go over everything since my last post, I'm just going to start from the most recent stuff, and our plans for the immediate future.

The most recent development in our lives, besides the unreasonably cold temperature outside, is that we have four of our favorite people coming out to visit us in May.  Our friend Sarah bought her husband/my good friend, Chris, a ticket out here for Christmas.  I was in on that surprise, but the day after Christmas, they surprised us by letting us know our friends Derek and Cory will be coming too! Woohoo!!!  Needless to say, we can't wait.

In other news, the semester came to an end and we've been stressing ourselves out about preparing our Winter English Camps.  I'm on day five of six, so just one more day and I get to relax and plan some activities for our vacation.  

We've been so fortunate to have the opportunity to explore so many cool places in Asia since we've been living in Korea.  Last winter break we spent nine days in Japan, and nine days on Boracay in the Philippines.  Then during summer vacation we spent about twenty days traveling around Southeast Asia.  We started in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, then made our way up to Phuket, Thailand to meet up with some of our friends.  From there, we visited Phi Phi Island, Krabi, and ended our Thailand visit in Bangkok.  From Bangkok, Alyssa and I took the train to the Thailand-Cambodia border and we spend the next week exploring Siem Reip and Phnom Penh.  It's just crazy to think that five years ago, visiting these places had never really crossed my mind.  I'd always thought of vacation as a trip to Europe or something.

Anyways, for this winter vacation, we decided to go to Indonesia.  Specifically Bali, East Java, and the Gili Islands.  We are staying in bamboo eco-huts for a good portion of the trip and plan on soaking up as much of the culture and scenery as possible.

As lucky as I feel and as happy as I've been to stay in Korea for a second year, I really can't wait start our trip home in eight months.  I've missed my family and friends A LOT and really can't wait to be reunited.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment